Hello readers, do you want to know how to change your Snapchat username in easy steps? If yes then we have good news for you. We wrote this article for all of you and here we are going to share working ways to change the Snapchat username that will surely help you. Read this full article to know everything about it.
how to change your username on snapchat [Full Guide]
Snapchat is a social media, or social messaging app used all over the world to connect with each other. This app is very popular. By the way, if you are a Snapchat user, it is possible that you have to think about changing your username.
This is a very common thing because people don’t like default usernames too much or have a new unique and cool username idea on their mind, and they want to try it on their Snapchat profile. But, they have no idea how to change the username in Snapchat. You do not have to worry about this problem because we are here to help you. You only need to read this full article to know all possible ways to change your username.
Check Also: How to Know if Someone Blocked You on Snapchat
You will not get any specific button on the Snapchat that will take you to the editor page where you can make changes of your profile like other apps (Twitter, Instagram, etc). However, there is a process that will reduce the pain of changing the username in Snapchat. After following the process, you can create a new username for your Snapchat profile and get rid of your old Username from the Snapchat.
How to Change Your Snapchat Name
- First of all, you have to click on your bitmoji which you can get in the top left corner. After clicking on that, you will go to your Snapchat profile.
- Now, you will click on the gear icon. You can see the gear icon in the top right corner of your screen. And then, click on the ‘Name’ field.
- Add your First and last name. You can leave the Last name option.
- At last, you have to click on the ‘Save’ button. And now your friends can easily see your new Snapchat name on the app. Note this, it will not change your username.
How to Change Your Snapchat Username
- First of all, you have to open the Snapchat app and then swipe down for accessing the profile.
- The Next step is to click on the Settings which is in the top right of the screen.
- And then click on Log Out, you’ll get this option at the bottom.
- When you’re logged out from your Snapchat account then click on Sign Up button.
- Now, you have to fill all the requested information there, and you should remember that you’re using the different email address which is not used with any Snapchat account. Don’t worry about the email issue because you can change it anytime you want.
- And then, swipe down on the screen to access your Snapchat profile.
- Click on the “Add Friends” and then click on “Add from Contacts“.
- And the next step is to click on the Continue button which you’ll see at the bottom of the screen, it will appear on the screen in a few seconds.
- Click on OKAY in the new popup window on the screen to allow the Snapchat app to access all of your contacts.
- Once the address book loaded successfully than anyone who is using Snapchat using their phone number, you can add them. So add all of them you want.
- Now, you have to log in to the old account in Snapchat and access your profile from swiping down the screen.
- Now, you will go to add your friends to Snapchat. Click on My Friends and then click on anyone. After that, their username of Snapchat will come on the screen. You need to write them down. You can skip all of them whom you already added on that new account.
- Now, you can log in to the new Snapchat account and then swipe down to access your profile.
- Click on “Add friends” and then click on “Add by Username“.
- Manually add all of your friends back to the new account.
When you see that you’re absolutely done with the old Snapchat account then you can delete it. But one thing I want to tell you that once you delete it then you can’t access this account again. So make sure about it and view all the new snaps you’ve received.
Once you did all of these things then you can change your email address from the settings if you want to use that old email address in the new account on Snapchat.
Final words: I hope, you read this full article and learn how to change your Snapchat username in an easy way. This is the only way available on the internet to change the Snapchat username for everyone. If any of your friends need this then please share this article with him. Thanks for reading this article.