Today we are going to tell you how to solve the “Error code 0x800704ec” problem. Generally, Lots Of People Facing This Error And They Can’t Solve it So Here We are Collect Many Information Finally We are Solve This Problem.
Sometimes your window defender gets unresponsive behavior and also shows error codes 0x800704ec on the screen. This error is not related to hardware or software. This is caused by damaged Windows registry files or simple corrupt files. Window Defender in our PC is made for only security protection.
This error code is a registry related problem and this problem can make your PC slow, sometimes PC will shut it down unexpectedly, or even cause a crash.
What is Error Code 0x800704ec?
The 0x800704EC error is the hexadecimal format caused by the error. This error code format is commonly used by Windows compatible software and driver vendors.
This code is used to identify the error made by the vendor. This 0X800704EC error code has a technical description and a numeric error number. In some cases, the error may contain more parameters in the format 0X800704EC. This additional error code is the address of the memory locations and in this location, the instructions were loaded at the time of the error.
Sometimes, the error code 0X800704EC appears by the loss of the Windows system files. Corrupted system file entries can be a big risk for your device. There may be a number of incidents that can result in system file errors, like improper deletion/installation/ uninstallation of hardware or applications.
This error code can also appear if your computer recovers from a hardware attack or a virus or improper shutdown of the device. All of the given incidents can be happened by the deletion or corruption of entries in Windows system files.
How to Fix Error Code 0x800704ec on Your Computer?
We recommend users to scan their device using reliable and working antivirus software. Antivirus software can protect your computer or laptop device from malware and spyware attacks, as well a repair damaged software components.
1.Enable Windows Defender Services
If your antivirus software shuts down your Windows Defender program, then you need to turn it on.
- Press the Win + R keys and it will open the Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc in the text box and then press Enter.
- Locate the Windows Defender services on the following console and check if they are running.
- If the Status column is empty, right-click on that service and choose Start to enable it again.
- Then restart your system and check if the 0x800704ec error is now gone.
2.Change Group Policy Settings
Sometimes the 0x800704ec error code can also be caused by faulty Group Policy settings. To fix this problem, try taking the following steps to change the Group Policy settings.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “gpedit.msc” in the box and click OK.
- Double click the Administrative Templates folder under Computer Configuration.
- Then double click on Windows components.
- Click Windows Defender Antivirus and close Windows Defender Antivirus on the right.
- Double click Close Windows Defender Antivirus to open it.
- Select “Not configured” and then click Apply and OK.
3.Disable/Remove Third-Party Antivirus From Your PC
First, you have to check that the PC has more than one anti-virus software running. If you’ve installed any worst and third-party antivirus program, then it’s not a surprise why you can’t turn on Windows Defender right now. To fix the error code 0x800704ec problem on your PC, remove the third-party antivirus software from the system.
Step 1: Open your antivirus software.
Step 2: Click the menu button and then select Settings.
Step 3: After this, select troubleshooting.
Step 4: And then, find and uncheck the Enable Antivirus Self-Defense Module box.
Step 5: And ENTER and confirm by clicking yes.
Step 6: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 7: Search and right-click on your security software and choose Finish task.
Step 8: After this, In the search box, type apps and features.
Step 9: And scroll down to Security Software, and then just click on Uninstall.
Step 10: And then, restart your pc.
4.Optimize Your System
Corrupt or damaged system files are the most common issue that initiates errors such as the 0x800704ec error. Therefore, it is advisable to check and fix inappropriate Windows files by running SFC / Scanware and DSM tools:
- Click Win key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the command SFC / scannow and press enter.
- Then type the following command and enter each time:
- exe / online / cleanup-image / scanhealth.
- exe / online / cleanup-image / restore.
- Close the command prompt and reboot the system.
5. Use Registry Editor to Fix The Problem on Your Device
From this solution, you can learn how to use Registry Editor to resolve this problem or error code. Read now
- You have to press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “Regedit” in the box and click OK.
- Copy Computer \ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows Defender in the top box and press Enter to get Windows Defender.
- Find REG-SZ on the right and double click it to set its value to 0.
By reading this article, it seems that you have a better understanding of the Error code 0x800704ec. I hope your problem with Error code 0x800704ec is resolved. In the coming days, you should be easy to work with your PC. If you have any suggestions or want help from us, you can leave us a comment in the comments section to help more users or get helped from us. Thanks in advance.