Did you finish unboxing your new iPhone? We know that the process brings you joy and happiness, so you might forget about a few crucial things. Transferring the data to your new iPhone is one of them. Manual migration or entering data is very boring and will take your precious time. In this post, we bring out the solution to this problem. Once you go through it, you will transfer the data to your new iPhone without much effort.
Why Should You Transfer Your Data to Your New Phone?
- Because you need access to all of your essential data. Think of all the important contacts, videos, photos, and reminders that would be lost if you don’t do it. Also, you can continue using your new phone without much hassle.
- You won’t lose any of your precious photos. Photos are meant to stay as precious keepsakes. When switching phones, you risk losing your favorite photos. Make sure to transfer your pictures to your new iPhone so you never lose them.
- Manually entering all of the data into the new iPhone is a time-consuming activity. Imagine having to enter each one of your contacts individually.
How to Transfer With iCloud [Full Guide]
iCloud is the most commonly used app for data transfer. It is a simple way to share the important files to your new iPhone. Here is the step-by-step guide:
- Start by backing up the old phone. Open Settings and click on the Apple ID on the top.
- Click on iCloud and then choose the iCloud Backup option.
- Pick Back Up Now.
- When your old phone is backed up, turn on your new iPhone.
- When you are done with the Wifi setup, pick the Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Log into your Apple ID account and pick the last phone backup.
After completing these steps, you are ready to continue using your new phone. However, we know that iCloud comes with its pros and cons. To many users, the disadvantages will be a big deal. No matter the reason, many users seek alternative ways to transfer data to their new iPhone. Besides, we explain the alternative way to transfer data.
How to Transfer Data Without iCloud
iCloud is Apple’s leading app, but there is another alternative if you don’t like to use it. AnyTrans is a useful app that you can use to transfer data to new iPhone, without having to rely on iCloud.
What Are the Advantages of Using Anytrans?
- Quick and easy transfer. This app is user friendly, meaning that you can figure it out instantly. Navigating through it is simple.
- The transfer speed is excellent. You don’t have to wait long for the files to be transferred to your new iPhone.
- Transfer any type of data, such as ringtones, music, photos, videos, etc. You have the freedom to choose which files to omit, or simply transfer all data.
How to Transfer Files to Your New iPhone With Anytrans?
- Start by opening the app on your Mac.
- Using a Lightning cable, plug the old phone into the Mac. Do the same with your new phone as well.
- On the left side of the app interface, choose Phone Switcher.
- Find the Phone to Phone option and click Next.
- You will see a screen with detailed instructions on how to complete the process. Follow them until they finish successfully transferring everything to your new iPhone.
How to use QuickStart?
Quick Start is another app that uses your most recent iCloud backup to boot the new iPhone. Once you have backed up your iPhone following the steps we already explained, turn the new phone on. Place it next to the old one and all you need to do is log in your Apple ID account. However, make sure to connect to a stable network for uninterrupted access to the iCloud. A poor internet connection can disturb the whole process.
Check Also: How To Check if iPhone is Unlocked [Full Guide]
Tip: Since photos will take a massive part of the memory space, you need to declutter your archive. To free up space and speed up the data transfer process, make sure to get rid of unnecessary photos. Gemini is a useful app that will automate the whole process. It will suggest double images or blurred shots so that you can instantly delete them. By swiping up or down, you can choose to keep or discard the photos. No matter which app you pick, make sure to clean your pictures before you proceed.