Today in this article, I’m going to share with you how to check if iPhone is unlocked with full details. If you are interested in this article, then keep reading. If an iPhone is locked on a specific network, you may not be able to use it. Anyone can use an unlocked device or any iPhone with any sim networks.
iPhones and some smartphones come in two basics, unlocked and locked, and it is very important for buyers to check the type of their iPhone they bought. A closed iPhone can only be used on from only one home network but unlocked iPhones can be used on any network.
Best Ways To Check if iPhone is Unlocked
iPhones that you buy from the apple store and pay the full price are unlocked by default. But an iPhone purchased from a network will usually be locked as part of an ongoing network plan. Usually, this is set for a period of time, 12 or 18 months, and the cost of your period time covers the amount of your iPhone or any device.
Check Also: How To Delete Steam Account [Windows/MAC]
No one can tell you that the iPhone is unlocked or locked just by looking at the iPhone. Apple company does not give permission to other phone companies to copy their iPhones.
But you don’t take any tension about how you can check your phone is unlocked or locked, we almost every method shared in this article.
Why Unlocking Your iPhones Matter
This is so much easy. Once your iPhone unlocked, you can use that iPhone with any mobile carrier around the world. Simple, You have to remove the current network SIM card of your device and insert the new SIM card from the carrier of your choice.
This is why it is very important to do this critical investigation before any purchase. You must have to be confirmed about your iPhone or any device is unlocked. So without wasting your precious time, here we are going to provide some used methods to help you to check the status of unlocked or locked iPhone.
Check if Your iPhone is Unlocked Using a Different Carrier SIM Card
- Turn off your iPhone using the power button.
- Locate and then open your SIM slot using any small paper clip. You will get a SIM slot by iPhone casing, and you can open the SIM slot by pushing the SIM ejection tool into a small SIM tray.
- Once popped out, pull the SIM tray from the heart and replace the SIM card with another mobile operator’s SIM card.
- Insert that sim slot tray back, and then start your iPhone. If your iPhone requests a passcode, enter your passcode or use a touch sensor to pass.
- Click on your iPhone app. If it is requesting for a “SIM unlock code” or “activation code” or you experience an error before opening the app, your iPhone carrier is turned off.
How to Check if Your iPhone is Locked or Unlocked
- First of all, you have to go to your iPhone settings from the Home tab.
- After this step, you have to click on the “Cellular” option from Settings of your device.
- In the other step, Look at the “Cellular data network” option in the Cellular tab. If you could not locate this tab. Then your iPhone or device locks or else unclocked.
Think About The conditions in Which You Purchased Your iPhone.
If you purchased any of your iPhone from Apple or a carrier wholesale directly, the iPhone is surely unlocked. If you bought it on a carrier plan, the iPhone is probably locked.
- iPhones purchased from third-party vendors, Those iPhones bought from 3rd party person or vendors just like found on Amazon or any eCommerce store, will usually they have some form of documentation in the title or a receipt it is clearly said that “unlocked” if the iPhone is unlocked.
- If you purchased your iPhone from any friend or the branded seller, ask them the iPhone is unlocked, if they know they will tell you.
Use iTunes to Check Your iPhone Unlock status
This is another simple method you can use to check the unlock system of an iPhone. Which is through iTunes restoring the device. For this. You have to connect your iPhone device to the system. You will see a notification or popup with a message like “Congratulations. iPhone unlocked” on your PC screen. If you see this on your screen, it means that your iPhone is Unlocked.
However, This can only be done after AT & T’s free unlocking services are used after the contract expires. other than this. It can be done easily by any sim unlock services example Sprint and Verizon. Using your phone with any network becomes quite easy. For this, all you have to do is insert the SIM card of your favorite network carrier. That’s why it is very important that you have to check your iPhone before buying that it is unlocked or not.
In India, almost in every city, you see a huge market for pre-owned smartphones. These are sold at cheap rates by smartphone owners who want to buy new phones for themselves. So many persons buy these pre-owned devices but when you’re going to buy these pre-owned devices, you should check the status of the device is unlocked or not. So that it can be investigated.
You can use the different methods we share above with you in this article today on “How to check if iPhone is unlocked“. If you got any problem doing this, then please comment below. We’ll reply to you asap. Thanks for reading, share this article if you think this useful.