Hello friends, today we are going to talk about the err_connection_reset chrome problem in this article. If you are facing this problem on your device then you should read this article till the end. We have shared working and simple methods to solve the problem easily. Without wasting your time, let’s start.
Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error in Google Chrome [Step By Step]
This happens with almost everyone that whenever we are trying to visit a website on our browser then instead of accessing the website, ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error pops up on the screen which says that the website you are trying to visit is not able to establish a stable connection with the destination website you want to visit.
In this tutorial, we will guide you to fix the error: err_connection_reser chrome. You will see this problem in Google Chrome and it means that your chrome browser cant establish a connection with the website you try to reach and there can be many reasons for this. See some reason below.
- Your internet service provider has blocked access to the website.
- Or, your internet connection has been interrupted.
- Or, your device has incorrect network settings.
You should know that the Err_Connection_Reset problem is caused by registry changes or network settings changes. And you should also note that this problem does not occur on all the websites you are trying to access because some websites may work but others cannot. And if you have faced this Err_Connection_Reset error in your browser then you shouldn’t worry about this because it can be fix with the help of correct troubleshooting.
How to Fix Err_Connection_Reset Error in Chrome
We want to tell you that before you start following these methods that will fix the problem, you should make sure that you have checked the following two things:
How to Fix Err_Connection_Reset Error in Chrome
Before you start following any of the methods given in the article, make sure that your Google Chrome browser doesn’t have the Err_connection_timed_out error.
And next, you should create a restore point to store all your important data before following any method so that if anything goes wrong, your important data is protected.
Setup Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU)
- In the first step, you have to press the Windows and R keyboard buttons together.
- Now, Run will open on your screen. You have to type ncpa.cpl on the box and then click on the OK button.
- Then, you will see the Network Connections tab open on your screen. Check and pen down the name of your Active Wireless Network connection.
- Now, you will press the Window + X key button together and then you have to click on the Command Prompt (Admin).
- After that, you have to type the command given below:
Note: You have to replace the name of your network with the actual name of your network that you previously penned.
Netsh interface IPv4 set, subinterface “name of the network connection 4” mtu = 1472 Store = persitent)
- And when the command has been entered, you need to check that the error has disappeared or not.
If you are still seeing the error then you have to proceed with the rest of the method. You can try the next method which will surely work for you.
Clear Browser Cache
In the first step, you have to open your Google Chrome browser on your device and then press Ctrl + H key button together to open the History tab.
Now, you will click on the Clear Browsing Data option.
Now, you will make sure that the beginning of time is selected for Obliterate the following items from the option.
After this, you will select the items given below:
- Cookies and other sire and plugin data
- PasswordsBrowsing History
- Cached images and files
- Download History
- Autofill form data
When all these are selected then you will click on the Clear Browsing Data option which you can easily find on the screen. Once you will do this then the data will be cleared soon.
Now, you have to close the Chrome browser and then just restart the device.
And now, you only have to check that the err_connection_reset chrome problem has been solved or not.
- First of all, you have to press the Windows and R key buttons together, and then Run will open on your screen. Now, you will type inetcpl.cpl and then click on the OK button.
- After that step, the Internet properties will open on your screen. Then, you have to navigate to connections and then click on the LAN settings.
- Now, Uncheck the option of Use a proxy server for your LAN and then you will choose the Automatically Detect Settings option.
- At the last step, you have to click on the OK button then you will click on the Apply button. Finally, restart your computer system.
You need to make sure that your Google Chrome browser that you have installed on your device is updated to the latest version. If it’s not updated to the latest version then follow the steps to update Google Chrome.
- In the first step, you have to click on the Google Chrome menu/
- Then you will click on the Help option and after this, you have to click on About Google Chrome.
- Now, Chrome will check for the latest available updates. And if there is any update available then click on Updata button and update it to the latest version.
- And in the last step, you only have to click on the Relaunch button to apply the available update.
Resetting Chrome Browser Settings
- First of all, you have to open the Google Chrome browser on your device and then you will open the Google Chrome menu.
- Now, you have to click on the Settings and then you’ll click on the Show Advanced Settings.
- After this step, you will click on the Reset Settings button under the section Reset Settings.
- In the last step, just restart the browser and then check that the error has been disappeared or not in your browser.
Final words: We have shared some working and simple methods in this article which you can follow to fix the err_connection_reset chrome problem easily. Still, if you have any questions regarding this then feel free to comment below. We will reply to each comment very soon. Share this article with your friends who want to know about this. Thanks for visiting our website.