When you’re trying to get in touch with someone and they don’t answer your calls or texts, it can be confusing. Did they turn off their phone or are they purposely ignoring your calls? It’s difficult to know, but it’s possible they may have had their phone turned off or something else could have happened. This is really a worrying thing and you should clear your confusion soon.
If you are in this situation and don’t know how to do it then this post is for you. Here we have shared a detailed guide on how to tell if someone’s phone is off or dead. Just keep reading our guide to find out about their phone status. Let’s start.
Reasons Why Someone’s Phone is Off or Dead
Many reasons can prevent you from reaching someone on their mobile number. As a result, it is impossible to tell whether they are choosing to ignore your calls or if their phone is turned off. Below you will find a list that indicates whether their phone is switched off or dead.
- Blocked Your Number: Having your number blocked means you won’t be able to reach that person, since phone calls and messages won’t be delivered. However, you can use another person’s phone number to reach them.
- Do Not Disturb Mode: If someone you know frequently activates the Do Not Disturb setting on their phone, that’s another reason they may be unavailable to talk to right now.
- Out Of Range: When you call the person and hear no sound on the call, it’s likely that the person’s phone is either switched off or out of range.
- No Service/Signal: If you get a busy signal when trying to call someone, it is very likely that their phone is either turned off or not in service. You can’t reach someone if their phone has no signal.
- Automated message: If you receive an automated message when you call, it could mean that the phone is off or out of range.
You may have one of these reasons for not being able to contact someone, so if you are concerned about not being able to contact someone, check out these causes. Now is the time to show what you can do. you can Also Check How To Recover Deleted Apps On
How To Know If Someone’s Phone Is Switched Off Or Dead
You can use several ways to know someone’s phone status. We will try to share all the ways here to know if someone’s phone is switched off or dead. Let’s start.
Send a Message Using iMessage
This is really a good solution for iPhone users. If you’re not an Android device user then ignore this solution.
In this way, you can know whether someone’s phone is switched off or not. Apple’s iMessage app is quite helpful when it comes to contacting someone.
Just send a text message to that person’s phone number and if you see that the message has been successfully delivered, it means that their phone is not switched off. Otherwise, the message won’t be delivered until the person’s phone is on.
You Haven’t Received a Reply For A Long Time
If someone uses WhatsApp frequently and is a fast reply giver but hasn’t replied to your SMS or social media text messages then it could be a sign that their phone has been switched off.
Check Also:- How To Cancel Twitch Prime Free Trial
By the way, it’s not completely true that their phone will be switched off because they didn’t reply to your text. Maybe he is busy with other work so it’s taking time to reply. But there is a possibility that their phone is dead or switched off if you haven’t received a reply even after waiting for hours.
How To Tell If Someone’s Phone Is Off Without Calling?
There are a few ways to check if the person’s phone is off or dead without calling the person. Let’s see if this is something you’re looking for. Below we have shared the method.
Check Last Seen On Social Media:
Even after trying all the given methods above if you’re still confused that the person’s phone is off or dead then you should check their personal social media account’s active status. This may not be as accurate as other techniques, yet it could still provide insight into whether they have been online recently or not.
If you see that they are active on their social media accounts, then you can guess that their phone is working. But if you don’t see any recent activity on their account, it means their phone might be dead.
Send Message On Social Media:
Send a message to their social media accounts, such as Instagram, Facebook, or WhatsApp, and make sure the recipient’s phone is on when you see the message has been delivered.
- The presence of a blue circle in Messenger indicates that your message was delivered. When there is no check next to the blue circle, the message has not been received by the recipient. In this way, you can check that their phone is off or dead.
- Messages sent with WhatsApp are marked with a double tick if they have been delivered successfully, and a single tick if they have been sent but not received.
In order to use this method, the recipient must have internet data turned on. If they are not using the internet, then this method will be of no use. By using this method, you can easily guess that the person’s phone is off or dead.
What Will Happen When You Text Someone On Do Not Disturb?
Do Not Disturb mode prevents all incoming calls, messages, and notifications from reaching someone whose phone is on Do Not Disturb mode. They won’t hear any sounds or feel any vibrations, and all activity will be saved until they turn off the Do Not Disturb mode. Once you turn off Do Not Disturb mode on your device, you can see what you missed.
We hope one of these ways will work for you and you’’ll know about the person’s phone status. You can share this article link with your friends who also want to know about this. We tried to explain everything about this in our article How To Tell If Someone’s Phone Is Off Or Dead.Thanks for reading till the end.