How To Take a Screenshot on HP Laptop: A screenshot is an image of whatever happens on your screen. A screenshot is a very cool feature that allows us to capture anything of our desktop screen. Perhaps you want to save a celebrity’s Twitter feed and post it to any social media platform like Facebook and Instagram. 4
A technical support person can ask you if they need any type of screenshot of your screen to resolve your technical issue. So, you have to know how you can take a screenshot on HP laptops but if you don’t know this, don’t worry about it.
3 Ways To Take a Screenshot on HP Laptop
Today, we are going to share with you some working methods that can take a screenshot on any HP laptops. In this article, step by step instructions is given on the working ways that can screenshot your screen on the HP laptop. So, without wasting your precious time. Let’s know those methods.
To Take a Screenshot Of Only One Window
Press both key buttons “Alt + PrtScn” together. Automatically, your currently active window’s screen will be copied to your device’s clipboard. Paste it into any document editing app or photo editing app for a good response. After pasting that screenshot you can save it easily and share it with anyone.
Note: You may need to press these key buttons together “Alt + Fn + PrtScn” on Some laptops.
Take a Shot of a Specific Area on the screen
Windows also has a perfect solution for almost everything. Sometimes if you want to screenshot a partial area then you can do it. Follow given instruction below:
First, you have to press the Windows key + Shift key + S. The entire screen becomes foggy or translucent, and the mouse pointer turns into a ‘+’ prompt. And then, click and drag your mouse over the area you want to capture. The area which is selected by you will be non-translucent.
Check Also: How To Remove Audio From Video
Once it is done, release the mouse button and then it will automatically copy the selected area to the clipboard. And at last point, you have to paste the screenshot on any photo editing application, paint, document editor, or an online page (to paste, hold down the Ctrl key and press V). And then save the file and share it with anyone you want.
Take a screenshot using the MS Snipping Tool on HP laptop
These days, HP laptop has already available a multi-tasking tool for taking screenshots. MS snipping tool is very easy to use and its interface is very simple. In the snipping tool, you are not limited to take a screenshot in only the rectangular shape. In addition, you also can highlight or erase the screen area. Follow the given steps to take a screenshot on Hp laptop:
- The first step is to press the Windows key. Type “snipping tool” and select the snipping tool from the given application list on your screen. The rectangular snip is given as default mode.
- And the next step is if you want to take a screenshot using any other mode. Then you should click on the mode option, and choose from the given list. Press on New when you’re ready.
Use SnagIt To Take a Screenshot on HP Laptop
Snagit offers an easy-to-use interface and many additional features that make screenshots a breeze. You can use Snagit on the HP laptop to take perfect screenshots. From capturing screenshots to editing and resizing them, Snagit also supports video recording that can record your HP laptop scrolling screens. Follow these steps to take a screenshot on HP Laptop with efficiency.
- Once downloaded the Snagit application, open it.
- And at the top of your desktop screen, you have to press the red circle button to start the screenshot camera.
- Then, select the camera icon to take a screenshot of your screen or the recorder icon to record the screen.
- Select the part of the screen you want to snap or record.
- Your desktop image will be visible in the Snagit application. You can resize, annotate, edit, copy, and save the clipped image from there.
- And, paste any application then use it.
LightShot Add-on Tool For Screenshots
Lightshot is the coolest and perfect way to take a customizable screenshot on any HP laptop. It has a very simple interface and is very easy to use. Lightshot is a good third party addon tool for taking and editing screenshots. Follow these steps:
- Download and install the LightShot program on the HP laptop.
- And then, on the keyboard, you have to press the PRT SCN button.
- To select the screen area which you want to screenshot, just click and drag the mouse cursor using the left button of your mouse.
- You will find some editing tools also on the right side of the Lightshot add-on tool. You can use the pen tool, add text, change the draw lines, highlight with the marker tool, and color, rectangles or arrows. At the bottom right of this add-on tool, there are many options available for us like Save, Copy, Share, Cloud Storage, Print, and Close Lightshot.
- Select Save from the given menu to save the screenshot. Alternatively, you can press and hold the Ctrl key and locate the destination folder and press Save.
With the above methods, you will now know How To Take a Screenshot on HP Laptop. If you want to take one screenshot or more than one screenshot immediately, then the in-built Hp laptop apps are very easy to use, simple and comfortable for everyone.
But if you need to take lots of screenshots with more flexibility, or if you want to enjoy better functionality, or you need more functions like image editing, more screenshot modes, sharing and uploading, a third-party tool would be your best option. Please comment on which method you are going to try. Thank you for reading.