Hello readers, are today We are Share guide About How To Find The Printer IP Address? If you want to connect your printer to your network or troubleshoot a problem, it is important to know the IP address of your printer. Your printer’s IP address is like its street address. So, today we created this article or post to share the methods that how to find the printer IP address in a few steps. Here you’ll get every possible solution. But before starting this, I want to explain about IP address. Let’s start on the topic.
What is an IP address (Internet Protocol Address)?
An IP address is made up of characters or numbers. An IP address helps to connect your computer to your network and other devices around the world. And the IP address performs two main functions: network or host location address and interface identification.
How to Find Printer IP Address [ 3 Working Method]
Method 1: To Find Printer IP Address Using Printer Display:
A network printer with an in-built Ethernet port which usually provides a menu button. Using that menu button, the printer will allow you to display the specified IP address to it. You can also try self-testing or printing a configuration page from your printer.
If you cannot find the IP address of a printer from the menu display of your printer or your printer is connected to a printer server with no display. Then don’t worry, we have other methods to find the printer’s IP address for windows computer and mac. To find the printer IP address from a Windows computer, follow the given steps below. if you want to Install Windows 10 On A New Hard Drive.
Method 2: To Find Printer IP address:
- In the first step, Right-click on the Start icon or press the Windows button and then go to Control Panel in the Quick Access menu.
- Next step is to click to the “View Devices and Printers” under “Hardware and Sound”.
- After that, you’ll see all printers and devices connected with your PC, right-click on the Printer which has connections to your computer, and click on the Printer Properties from the menu.
- And then click on the Port tab, click on the Configure Port button.
- Now, You can see your Printer IP address on your screen.
Method 3: To Find Printer IP Address:
- The First step is to click on the Start button and go to the Settings > Devices.
- click on Printer which is on the right side of the “Printers and Scanners” tab, then click on the Manage option.
- The next step is to click on Printer Properties. Click on the Port tab and then click on the Configure Port button.
- Now, You will see the Printer IP address on your desktop screen.
How to Find a Printer IP Address From the Router
It does not matter if you are using a Windows PC or Mac, you can find the IP address of your printer by accessing your router. You have to follow these steps only.
- First of all, Open any web browser and click on the address bar. Then, type the local IP address of your router there.
- After that, Enter your username and password.
- And now you’ll see on your screen that the list of the devices which is connected to the network. And in this list, you will find your printer IP address.
Note: You can also use the “netstat -r” command to find the IP address of your printer or all network routes. However, you may not be able to find the printer’s IP address using the “netstat” command, if your printer has a problem communicating with other network devices.
Find Default Gateway IP Address in Network Connections
- In the first step, Click on the Windows button and go to the Control Panel.
- The next step is to click the “View network status and tasks” link under the “Network and Sharing Center”.
- To view the status of your network connection. You have to click on the current network connection (Ethernet) link to see the status of this connection.
- In the last step, click on the Detail button and you will see the Default Gateway IP address on the desktop screen.
How To Find Your Printer’s IP address on a Mac
Method 1: From System Preferences
- First, Open System Preferences in your MAC.
- Then, click on the Printers and Scanners. You have to select a printer from the left column.
- Now you’ll see the printer’s IP address on the screen.
Method 2: Using the CUPS Webpage
- The first step is to open Safari in your device.
- And then, Click on the address bar and Type localhost:631/printers.
- Now in the Location column, you will see the printer’s IP address.
Final Words: Now you know how to find printer’s IP address in Windows computer and mac devices. If you have any queries or problems during these methods then feel free to comment below. We will try to help you as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting our website.