Hello friends, how are you all? I wish you all are fine. Today we are going to share methods about how to create steam account and how to delete steam account. If you want to know about this then read this full article. This will be helpful for you.
- What is the steam account?
- How Does Steam Work?
- How to Sign Up For Steam
- How to change steam username
- How to Permanently Remove Games From Your Steam Library
- Delete Your Steam Account
- How to delete your Steam account:
- How to delete Steam Account on windows
- How to delete Steam Account on macOS
- Problems on steam these days
What is the steam account?
Steam is a digital storefront for games that work with Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is also a community portal where you can connect with friends to see what they are playing, share screenshots and videos and play both cooperative and competitive multiplayer games. Signing up for a Steam account is completely free, and there is no ongoing cost to use the service.
How Does Steam Work?
Steam has a desktop application that works on Windows, Linux, and macOS. The application includes both a storefront, where you can buy games and community aspects including Steam Chat.
Apart from the app, you can also use most of the Steam features through a web browser. You can purchase the game using SteamPowered.com, and use community features, including Steam Chat, via SteamCommunity.com.
How to Sign Up For Steam
Signing up for the Steam account is free, and you can complete the entire process using a web browser. You only need a modern and fast web browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, and a working email address. The process is given below for how to sign up for the Steam account:
- Click on the login button and then click on join
- Enter your email address, and then re-enter that email address below to confirm.
- Select your country of residence.
- Enter the captcha code in the field where it says to enter the characters above.
- Scroll to the STEAM SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT
- Read the Subscriber Agreement, and check the box where it says that I agree and that I am 13 or older.
- Click on the Continue
- When the Verify Your Email popup appears, it means that Valve has sent you a confirmation email.
- Check out your mail where email from Valve called New Steam Account Email Verification.
- Open the email, and click on Create My Account.
- Close the email verification page, and return to the Steam signup page that you previously left open.
- Select the name of the Steam account, and make it a Steam Account Name field.
- Fill Password on the password field, and then enter it again in the field below to confirm.
- Click on complete sign-up.
How to change steam username
You cannot change your steam username. However, you can change your display name. You do this through opening the Steam client, below we shared the process for this. Your Steam profile name is different. This is the name that appears at the top of the page or at the top right. Your friends see this name and will use it to contact you in the game. You can change this name anytime and it’s not hard to change.
- Log in to the Steam account and choose Friends from the top menu.
- Choose your profile name in the popup box that appears.
- To change it, type in your existing name.
- To save it, select OK at the bottom.
Your new profile name should be changed dynamically and immediately visible to others.
How to Permanently Remove Games From Your Steam Library
Go to the Steam Support site, then log in with your account information. Click on the software, or Games, then select that game you really want to delete (you can search the game on steam). Next, choose whether I want to permanently remove this game from my account. Follow the indications, and that game will be removed easily from your Steam library.
2nd method – You can open the Steam client on your PC, then select a game from the library, while in Details view (if in the icon view, click Details). Click on the support link from the link column on the right, then click on I want to permanently remove this game from my account.
Steam recommends that you uninstall the game, you want to remove from the Steam app before removing it from your account: If you don’t, you’ll find the game on your hard drive and uninstall it manually. You have to do it. With this in mind, the first removal option is probably your best bet.
Steam is a popular gaming space, where one is completely free to play video games on a PC. There was a time when people were creating accounts on Steam extensively, but these days people are extensively deleting accounts due to damage by toxic users of Steam. In the last decades and the early eras of Steam, it has given commendable services to people for how far the games have gone.
Delete Your Steam Account
Once again, if you think you want to use Steam again at some point in the future, do not delete your account. If you are certain that you will not use it again, the option will always be there. As happens with most social media accounts, there is a deletion period that has to pass until your account is permanently deleted. Should you change your mind before the waiting period ends, just log in and cancel the deletion.
How to delete your Steam account:
- Log in to your Steam account.
- Click the support link in the top menu.
- Navigate to Account Issues.
- Click Manage Account Details.
- Scroll down until you reach the Delete My Steam Account link and click it
- Now, click on Proceed to Account Deletion.
- Do not log in on your steam account for at least 30 days.
How to delete Steam Account on windows
The removal process is straightforward. You will inevitably be using that specific uninstalling process that you do when uninstalling another app.
- Go to the control panel.
- And then open Add or Remove Programs.
- Find the Steam software on the list and double click to open it.
- Click on Change / Remove button
- Select Automatic when prompted.
- Click on the Next button. Keep clicking it with each new prompt.
- Last, Click Finish to done.
How to delete Steam Account on macOS
We are sharing the process of how to delete steam account on macOS below. Removing Steam on your Mac computer is slightly more complicated than on a Windows PC. However, it is not more complicated and is done fairly quickly.
- Exit Steam.
- Click on the Finder app in the menu bar below.
- Select the application folder on the right.
- Find the “app” icon and right-click it.
- Select Go to Trash from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the magnifying glass in the top right corner.
- Type in “library“.
- Choose the library
- Double-click on application support
- Find the Steam folder and right-click it.
- Select move to trash
- Right-click the trash icon on your desktop.
- Choose empty trash.
Problems on steam these days
- Game Always Re-Downloading: Games on Steam always update automatically, and if someone tries to launch it, it shows some reason like “corrupt update files“. This can cause heavy damage to the device. Be the reason that the virus is welcomed in the device causing damage to the device.
- Content File Locked or Disc Read: The most annoying issue pops up when updating a game or installing a game. There are some messages that are displayed by Steam.
- Stuck on launching: It is mostly happening on Steam that the launch of the game is stuck and the user is unable to reach further. And many times the game is completely unable to start.
- Downloads are stuck at zero: Many times when the user wants a game to be updated or installed, the downloading stops at zero percent, making the whole process very annoying.
- Interference with other applications: Steam is sensitive to interference with other applications that are their preinstalled devices. When this happens, all kinds of problems can occur.
Although you are certain that you will never use Steam again, think carefully before proceeding with deleting the account. There are options that will let you return to Steam whenever you want. Keep in mind that all the money you spend on Steam Gaming will run out, should you delete your account. Refund options, however, exist. If you install the application anytime in the future, you can never use the same Steam account. The profile name, purchase method, and email address can be used on different accounts, but not the same username.