Are you looking for the working methods for “How to add page numbers in Word” over the internet? And suddenly, you clicked on our website and came here. Then, you don’t have to worry about this problem because today I am going to share with all of you all useful methods of adding page numbers in the word. So without wasting your time, let’s start the topic.
How to Add Page Numbers in Word [Easy Way]
The word Microsoft is the best-used word processor for PC and Android users. And it is the most popular writing application or software available on the planet for computer users. In the Word, you will find this good and useful option which is page numbering. This is really very useful for you when you are writing something big such as books, essays, or something else on Word documents. If you have a table of contents, having your page numbered can save a lot of time and effort for you and also for all the readers to try and read around.
There are different ways available on the Internet to automatically add page numbers to Word documents, and this is actually very easy and simple. It will take just a few minutes. Below we will tell you the step by step tutorial guide of these methods. So read the full article.
Note: These ways assume that there is no existing page number in your document. By the way, already existed page numbers has not any problem, it is best to back up your document. After that, before following the steps you can delete all those existing page numbers.
Add Page Numbers in Word
This is a very easy and simple method and any person can add page numbers in word using this method. You only have to follow our steps which are already given below but first of all, you have to open your Word file and after that, you can add page numbers to the Word. Follow the steps:
- Open the Word and then go to the file in which you want to add the page numbers.
- And then, you have to click on the ‘Insert’ button and next on the ‘Page Numbers’ which you can see on the screen. It will display a list of options to display the page number at the bottom, top, current position, etc.
- After that, a popup will come on your screen, now you have to decide the Position and Alignment of the page numbers.
- The Position can either be at the bottom (footer) or at the top (header). And, the Alignment can be either middle, right, left, outside, and inside of each page.
- At last step, you only have to click on the ‘OK’ button and we are all done.
Remove Page Numbers in Word
If you want to remove the page numbers in a word file, then you have to follow the steps given below. The steps will help you to remove the page number from a Word document.
- First, open the word file in which you want to remove the page numbers.
- Next, you have to click on the Insert tab and click on the Page Number button available in the header and footer section.
- You will see a list there that will put the page number at the bottom, top, current position, etc.
- At the bottom, you will have the option to remove page numbers. All you have to do is click on the option and it will remove all the page numbers which are set in your document.
Customize Page Numbers in Word
When you have page numbers in the sections where you want to put it on the document in the PC version of Word, you can customize the page numbering also. You have to double click on the footer or header where the page numbers are available and then just click on the “Page Number” and “Format Page Numbers”.
You have to click on the “Start at” drop-down and then select the page number which you want to start numbering. You can repeat this thing for each section where you wan to customize the page numbering.
Check Also: How to Superscript in Google Docs
By the way, for a particular section if you want to delete page numbers then double-click them on the header or footer of a page in that section and delete the numbers. The changes will apply to the entire section. This is really easy and simple. That’s it.
I hope now you understand that How to add page numbers in word and do it easily on your PC whenever you need this Page Number feature in the Word. Otherwise, if you got any problem during adding the page numbers then you can comment here about your problems. I will try to solve them as soon as possible. Thanks for reading.