Today we are going to tell you “Get help with file explorer in windows 10”. If you are searching for this thing then, please continue reading Because Of We Are Provide Full Details And Steps By Step Guide So Your Problem Is 100% Solve.
Windows 10 is no longer a built-in help for the File Explorer, as Windows 7 does. Microsoft searches you on the web for information, so here’s what you need to know about using the Windows 10’s file manager.
Check Also: Audio Renderer Error ‘Please Restart Your Computer’ [Fix]
How to the best use of the File Explorer? In this article, you will get the best use of File Explorer or help with file explorer in Windows 10 computers/laptops in all aspects such as quick access, keyboard shortcuts, quick access, hard drive management, and more.
Useful Keyboard Shortcuts for file explorer in Windows 10
The File Explorer is available with many useful keyboard shortcuts to help you complete your important and useful tasks faster. Here is a quick list of some keyboard shortcuts in windows 10:
- Alt + Left Arrow Key – Go back One Folder in history.
- Alt + Right Arrow Key – Go forward One Folder in history.
- Alt + D – If you want to go to the address bar
- Alt + Enter – Display the Properties of the selected file or folder.
- Alt + P – It can Show/Hide file explorer’s Preview pane.
- Ctrl + D – Move file or folder to Recycle Bin.
- Ctrl + E – It can direct go to the search box.
- Ctrl + E – Activate the Search bar in File Explorer.
- Ctrl + F – Go to the search box.
- Ctrl + Mouse Wheel up or Down – Increase or Decrease the Size of Icons in File Explorer.
- Ctrl + N – It will help you to open a new window of File Explorer.
- Ctrl + Shift + E – Display all folders above the selected folder.
- Ctrl + Shift + N – Create a new folder.
- Ctrl + W – You can use this to close your current file explorer window.
- F11 – Maximize or minimize the active window.
- Home – Display the top item in the active window.
- Num Lock + Asterisk (*) – Display all subfolders under the selected folder.
- Num Lock + Minus (-) – Collapse the selected folder.
- Num Lock + Plus (+) – Display the contents of the selected folder.
- Shift + Delete – Permanently delete file or folder.
How to access the network drive in Windows 10
Shared media servers, printers, and folders, printers on the local network always appear in the “Network” view of your file explorer. You may have to scroll under the file explorer’s sidebar to find and click it.
The homegroup feature is not available in the Windows 10 File Explorer, so you cannot use it to share your files and folders between your computer. You can either use OneDrive or use the old folders sharing network options.
If you want to open the network drive for easy availability, then you should follow as we write below. First, click on “This PC” in the sidebar. Then on the ribbon, the “Computer” tab will appear. Click on it and choose “Map Network Drive” and then follow the given instructions by your PC to connect. Under the Network Location, the mapped drive will appear in this PC view.
How to Customize Quick Access items?
If you want to add new quick access to the list on the left pane of File Explorer, here’s how you can do it easily.
Right-click the desired folder and choose a PIN for quick access. And, If you want to remove an item from the Quick Access menu, just you have to do right-click on that item and then choose Unpin from Quick Access and your item will remove from the Quick Access Menu.
How to Back-up And Restore Your Files in Windows 10?
Windows 10 has always the file backup, history, backup and restore tools also. This is not only for restoring or creating huge backups. File History can automatically back up in the different versions of your files, and when you need that history file you can use the File Explorer in Windows 10 to easily restore those previous versions.
First, you have to set the file history from Settings> Updates and Security> Backup. Enable “Backup My Files Automatically“.
After you set it up, you can select a file or folder, click “Home“on the ribbon, and click the “History” button to view and restore earlier versions of that file or folder.
Disable/Enable Quick Access to The Main Screen
Many users talk highly about quick access and some users find that switching to this PC is troublesome every time you open File Explorer. In fact, this is to customize what you see at first sight when you open Windows File Explorer.
- First, Right-click on the Start menu and then you have to select File Explorer from the list of options.
- After this, click on the View tab.
- And then click on the Options, and change the folder and search options.
- In the General tab, For changing the selection from Quick Access to This PC – Use the dropdown menu to Open PC Explorer: And click on Apply to save the change.
- At last, you have to click OK to close the window.
Is File Explorer not responding to right-click on Windows 10?
If your file explorer is not responding when you right-click, then you should follow the instructions below to fix this problem.
- Press the Windows key and X at the same time, then choose the Command Prompt (Admin) option from the list of options.
- In the command prompt window, type the command: netsh, and then press Enter. Then in the same window, type in Winstock Reset and press Enter. When this operation is complete you can restart your computer.
- Follow the path: Start button> Settings> Updates and Security. After this, in the left pane, you must select the “Windows Update”, and on the right pane, you have to select Update History.
- Uninstall updates after this.
- If you can see the update KB3081449 or KB3081448, right-click it and choose Uninstall. Then the last step is to restart your Windows 10 PC.
By reading this article, it seems that you have a better understanding of the Windows 10 File Explorer tutorial. I hope your problem with Windows 10 File Explorer is resolved. In the coming days, you should be easy to work with Windows 10. If you have any suggestions on how to get help from us for any problems with Windows 10, you can leave us a comment in the comments section to help more users or get helped by us. Thanks in advance.