Hello friends, Today we are going to tell you how anyone can solve the “File explorer not responding windows 10” problem in easy ways. If you are Windows 10 users and facing this same problem and searching for the solution or you want to know about this then please continue reading. Let’s jump into the topic.
Windows 10 OS is like all other versions of the Windows operating system. It also has its own share of various issues and bugs, some of the bugs are affecting users more than others. Refuse to do, try and open it. In such cases, whether the user double-clicks on a folder on their desktop or tries to open File Explorer directly, File Explorer will not launch.
How To Fix File explorer not responding windows 10
We think this problem’s main cause is startup programs that conflict with File Explorer on Windows 10. In addition, there are many other issues that can prevent users from accessing file explorer such as file explorer cache problems, scaling slider problems, windows search conflict, etc., but it really depends on the system configuration of the users on their system.
Check Also: 7 Way To Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Search Not Working
According to the possible reasons below you have some compatible solutions to fix “File Explorer not responding Windows 10”. In addition, there are additional practical ways to solve the problem. We will update those methods soon.
Method 1: Restart Windows Explorer in Task Manager
Sometimes the process of the file explorer in Task Manager while restarting Windows Explorer works like a dazzle on Windows 10 File Explorer that does not open glitches. Task Manager can help terminate a running program to fix common system issues such as high CPU usage, PC slow down, and more.
- You have to press Ctrl + Shift + Esc for the task manager.
- And then locate Windows Explorer and right-click on that to select the end task.
- At the top of the Task Manager window, you have to click the File and then open Run.
- After this, Type explorer.exe in the box, and then click on Enter. Then you should be able to open File Explorer without permanent loading.
Method 2: Install updates on your computer or laptop
Windows issues a lot of updates and patches to address common bugs and issues. These updates on windows will fix a lot of bugs. Sometimes, updating windows can resolve your all past issues on your computer.
- For the update, you have to press Windows key + I to open settings and then click on Update and Security.
- Under the Windows Update tab, if any updates are pending or paused to be downloaded or installed. Then, Install that update and reboot your Windows 10 PC. Then check file explorer is responding.
Method 3: Clear data on your Windows 10 PC
This method works for almost all users, so you should try it once. This can solve your problem.
- First, you have to go to the search bar and search for “Control Panel”, open Control tab.
- And then, In the “Control Panel,” you need to find the “Search Bar”.
- Type “File Explorer” in the search bar and the results will appear based on your system configuration.
- Click on the File Explorer and open it.
- After this, you have to use the “clear” option to erase all previous data which is the primary cause of the problem. You can just click “Clear”.
Method 4: Set Windows Scaling to 100%
Change the scaling display works for many users that Open File Explorer cannot be fixed in Windows 10 device, but it really depends on the user system configuration, so if this method doesn’t work for you, So try the next method.
- Right-click on the desktop and then click on the Display Settings.
- The next step is to adjust the application, text, and other item sliders below 100%, and then tap on Apply.
- If file explorer works then go back to the display settings again.
- Now incrementally adjust your size scaling slider to a higher value.
Method 5: Set Windows Scaling to 100%
Windows search is also considered to be the cause of this issue. Disabling Windows Search has worked for a lot of users, so this is what we’ll try here.
- Press the Windows button once
- And then type a command prompt in the start search box.
- After this, Right-click on the command prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- When prompted for confirmation, click on Yes.
- In the command prompt type exe stop “Windows Search” and press Enter. Make sure it is written exactly as it is written with spaces and capital letters.
Method 6: Reset apps to Microsoft default
- Press Windows Key + I to open Windows Settings, and then click System.
- Now navigate to the default apps in the left window pan.
- Scroll down and click Reset to Microsoft Recommended Defaults.
- Reboot your PC to save changes.
Method 7: Free UP space on your Windows 10 PC
It is possible that File Explorer is not working because there is no space left on your hard drive. I think you’re storing lots of files on your computer? You must delete some files or transfer them to an external hard drive or flash drive to make room for the file explorer to work. It can solve your problem. If not the try above methods.
Method 8: Update Video Drivers of your Computer
A driver is usually a set of files that allows hardware or software to connect to communicate with the OS. The video drivers of windows 10 PC plays an important role in the functioning of any Windows laptop or computer. And maybe it is the reason for the file explorer not working.
I hope now you can see that your file explorer is responding in your windows 10 PC easily. If none of the methods have solved this problem for you, we recommend you to visit the Microsoft Customer Service Center. They will solve your problem in less time. If you have any suggestions or want help from us, you can leave us a comment in the comment box. Thanks for reading our post